[vtkusers] How to get the color of contours

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Thu May 6 14:32:44 EDT 2010

There are no "colors" for contour lines. There are scalar point data.
For contour lines the scalar data will be the contour value. In your
case, contour lines for 50 will have scalar point data = 50, 60 will
have 60, etc.

The mappers use lookup tables to transform scalar point (or cell) data
into rgb (or rgba) colors. So the color corresponding to 50 will be
the value stored in location 50 of the lookup table (assuming the
scalar range of the lookuptable matches the scalar range of the point
data).

Bill