[vtkusers] formula for quadratic Non-linear cell types?

이정규 glazex2 at naver.com
Wed Mar 24 13:14:17 EDT 2010

Hi all,

Some of non-linear cell types are not clear to me. Certainly, it should
interpolate all control points however when I looked at wireframe rendering
it seems like they are just subdivided(without any further alternation).
CylinderQuadratic.vtk from vtkData is a good example, which uses Quadratic
Tetrahedrons and it didn't looked much different than CylinderLinear.vtk
except some extra vertices in between.
In fact, when I manually render CylinderQuadratic.vtk using only linear
interpolation(i.e, just rendering each face as polygons) I get exact same
result to CylinderLinear.vtk.
So I'd like to know where I can find the formula for Quadratic Interpolation
that VTK used. Can I use any interpolation function that will pass through
control points? If so, how many in-betweening points do I put for each
edge(perhaps 1)?

Thanks,
--
Jeonggyu Lee