[vtkusers] New filter class: vtkPolyDataToUnstructuredGridFilter

Jérôme jerome.velut at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 06:47:47 EDT 2010

Hi,
I feel surprised about the conversion from PolyData to UnstructuredGrid

I have a quite fast solution, I don't know it is suitable for you:
just pass your polydata in a vtkThreshold, with thresholds being set
to actual min and max values of any of your data array. If you don't
have any array, just add a vtkGenerateIndexArray before the threshold

note: you can easily check this pipeline with paraview:
Sphere Source -> Generate Point Ids -> Threshold

HTH
Jerome