[vtkusers] New filter class: vtkPolyDataToUnstructuredGridFilter

Oliver Rudolph oliver.rudolph at iisb.fraunhofer.de
Fri Mar 19 13:08:34 EDT 2010

Hi folks!

There had been several postings on conversion from vtkPolyData to
vtkUnstructuredGrid in the past with no really accessible solutions
except the global statement "write a filter on your own".

Now, I was confronted with doing quite the same conversion and found a
rather quick solution doing some 3D delaunization. Although this is not
yet stable in all situations there are, "normal" input as I had been
confronted with up to know, worked well.

Maybe you have suggestions for improvement or other approaches to this
problem. So far, please find attached the source files, maybe you'll
want to add them to the vtk codebase (which would make me a little proud :)

Best regards,
Oliver