[vtkusers] Voxelization

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 19:16:28 EST 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 6:29 PM, Daniel Soares <adaptchart.info at gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm sorry, but there is no method called GetPolyData in vtkSphereSource.
> Also there's no class named GetPolyData. So I don't understand what you are
> suggesting. Plus, if I subdivide a polydata I will have a polydata with more
> polygons, and that's not what I want.
>
> Any other suggestions?

I also get the holes when using ContourFilter with VoxelModeller (seems
strange, the isosurface should be continuous...).

Try this:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/SurfaceFromUnorganizedPoints

It uses vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter, seems to do what I believe you are
looking for. I don't know why the marching cubes variants are not producing
any output.

Thanks,

David