[vtkusers] vtkContourFilter not working on vtkStructuredGrid

Sebastian Gatzka sebastian.gatzka at stud.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Mar 5 08:41:34 EST 2010

Hello.

I really can't tell why my code is not gernerating the iso-surface.
I have a structured grid (sGrid) filled with scalars.

I call the contour filter

             vtkContourFilter *scalarIsoSurface = vtkContourFilter::New();
             scalarIsoSurface->SetInput(sGrid);
             scalarIsoSurface->GenerateValues(0,0.1);

Compute the normal

             vtkPolyDataNormals *sGridPolyDataNormal =
vtkPolyDataNormals::New();
             sGridPolyDataNormal->SetInput(scalarIsoSurface->GetOutput());

Put them into a poly data mapper

             vtkPolyDataMapper *scalarIsoSurfaceMapper =
vtkPolyDataMapper::New();

scalarIsoSurfaceMapper->SetInput(sGridPolyDataNormal->GetOutput());

and into an actor

             vtkActor *scalarIsoSurfaceActor = vtkActor::New();
             scalarIsoSurfaceActor->SetMapper(scalarIsoSurfaceMapper);

which is passed on to the scene

             ren1->AddActor(scalarIsoSurfaceActor);

and NOTHING happens.

Any ideas what I have missed, or whats wrong?

Sebastian