[vtkusers] 3D Mesh generation from vertices and normals

Andreas Hahn zweikaesehoch at gmx.de
Wed Mar 3 12:28:33 EST 2010

Hi all,

i'm new to VTK and am looking for a filter similar to vtkDelaunay3D which takes vertices AND normals as input.

I want to get a surface reconstruction from a point cloud and associated normals. The result should be a triangular mesh. The normals origin from a mesh which is lost or not available for me, but could be reconstructed by the additional information of the normals.
The acceptance of normals is required because the anatomical structure of the left atrium is not truly convex:
http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/internet/news/images/picture2.jpg

Thanks for any suggestions or workarounds!

Andreas