[vtkusers] vtkSmartVolumeMapper improvement!

AGPX agpxnet at yahoo.it
Mon Jun 28 10:37:39 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have a suggestion for the vtkSmartVolumeMapper. I wish to change the sampling distance but actually this is impossible. The sampling distance is computed from the spacing and set up in the "ComputeRenderMode". Usually the computed value is ok, but this is not true in general. My suggestion is to introduce a factor in order to change it. When the factor is 1.0 you have the actual situation. From:

SetSampleDistance( static_cast<float>((spacing[0] + spacing[1] + spacing[2] ) / 6.0) );

SetSampleDistance( static_cast<float>(k * (spacing[0] + spacing[1] + spacing[2] ) / 6.0) );

Thanks!