[vtkusers] Refuse update access to pipeline or pipeline objects while applying changes

Barth, Sebastian sebastian.barth at iosb.fraunhofer.de
Wed Jun 23 06:07:54 EDT 2010

Hello vtkusers,

my VTK application sometimes updates its pipeline (camera interaction, window resize, ..). From another thread I want to change some parts of this pipeline. For this I have to check if the pipeline currently gets updated. If this is the case I have to wait for the end of this access and lock anyway the access to the pipeline or at least avoid a pipeline execution of the data I want to change.

Does VTKs pipeline or its pipeline objects already have those features? Something like mutex?
What's the common way to do so? Is there anywhere a documentation about this?

I appreciate every help!
Thanks a lot!

Sebastian Barth