[vtkusers] Kd-tree rendering

andre almeida arspda at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 21:45:43 EDT 2010

Hi all,

This may sound terribly naive, but I'm trying to dynamically downsample a
large sparse point cloud using a kdtree. I've successfully built and
initialized a vtkKdTree object, but I'm having difficulty finding out how I
can use it for rendering the point cloud by culling points close together
from a given perspective. This has to be done dynamically since it's
supposed to work with the default interactor. Is there any mapper
implementation that can use vtkKdTree for rendering? If not, where should I
start looking for building one, for instance using raytracing?

Thanks for your help,

Andre