[vtkusers] vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper problem in java

Granseier, Michael (VISUS) granseier at visus.com
Wed Jun 16 11:03:03 EDT 2010

Hello everybody,

after a lot of search in the mailing list I found this old post
concerning a crash with the vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper in java.

http://old.nabble.com/vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper-Problem-in-java-td22659058.html

The last message which deals with this problem was from 7 Jun 2010.
http://old.nabble.com/SimpleRayCast-example-in-Java-tp28799209p28801962.html

Actually I am dealing with exactly the same problem.
Using another volume-mapper is definitely not an option because I have to render large datasets.
The vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper is the only mapper which is fast enough to
interact with the volumes on a 32-bit machine.

So I just wanted to ask again, if someone has found a solution for that problem.
Or if someone has reported this as a VTK bug which will be fixed in any future VTK release.

Thanks a lot for any kind of help!

Michael