[vtkusers] Fwd: vtkOpenGLProjectedTetrahedraMapper vs vtkUnstructuredGridVolumeRayCastMapper

Artem Babayan artem.paraview at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 9 17:32:56 EDT 2010

Thank you for your reply

> Are you calling setScalarOpacityUnitDistance? Perhaps this could be
> part of the problem.

No, I use 'SetScalarOpacity' method passing vtkPiecewiseFunction . I
think 'setScalarOpacityUnitDistance' should be used for
'normalization' of the opacity -- to achieve the same opacity for
domains of different size by adjusting a single coefficient.

>  Is the only thing
> being changed the volume mapper?

Yes -- I set it up the visualization parameters, including mapper, via
my own input file. And in this case only mapper was changed.

My guess is, that vtkOpenGLProjectedTetrahedraMapper and
OpenGLHAVSVolumeMapper use fixed-point arithmetics, so cannot
distinguish values below the certain value.