[vtkusers] Fwd: vtkOpenGLProjectedTetrahedraMapper vs vtkUnstructuredGridVolumeRayCastMapper

Luke Dodd i.like.bread at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 13:42:38 EDT 2010

At the moment I am a similar issue.

I've found that OpenGLHAVSVolumeMapper seems to have problems with the
opacity. My results are not as off as yours, but dropping in
OpenGLHAVSVolumeMapper shows something too transparent to see
properly.

In my vtkVolumeProperties I set ScalarOpacityUnitDistance to a smaller
value - for VolumeRay and ProjectedTetra this increases opacity enough
to see results, but for HAVS it does not seem to have any effect at
all.

Are you calling setScalarOpacityUnitDistance? Perhaps this could be
part of the problem. Perhaps someone else knows more about the opacity
settings on the different mappers.

In my code VolumeRay and ProjectedTetra show pretty much the same
thing - they seem to be working as expected for me. Is the only thing
being changed the volume mapper?

Best Regards,
Luke