[vtkusers] SimpleRayCast example in Java

Stef_D stephane.dallongeville at pasteur.fr
Mon Jun 7 03:43:29 EDT 2010

Rodolfo Allendes Osorio wrote:

> Hi Everyone...
>  Does anyone have a working copy of the SimpleRayCast example that works
> on Java? I keep either getting the 'famous' EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
> error or a bad conversion error, type conversion fail (cant see anythin
> else, as the text dissapears after a few seconds and its covered by the
> frame)...

I guess you're using it under Win32 ?
I got the same problems as soon i'm trying to use vtkVolumeRaycastMapper or
derived but *only* on win32, win64 or osx version work normally.

Here's a old post which already mention the problem and we still didn't
found any fixes for now :

http://old.nabble.com/vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper-Problem-in-java-td22659058.html