[vtkusers] Pictures of a rendered volume

Chris Turner cturnercomplex at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 2 09:18:14 EDT 2010

Hi Everyone!

I want to save pictures of a rendered (medical) volume from different
perspectives. The thing is I want to use them for validation and
measuring so I'm interested in very accurate data. What do you think
is the best way to get this kind of data? Grep it directly where the
data is produced? I have to probably reimplement my own ray cast
function that will fit my needs so I was thinking to maybe just save
the produced matrix as greyscale Bitmap or Tiff picture.

What do you think? Do I try to reinvent the wheel?  Is there maybe a
more convenient way I don't know yet?

Thanks for all response!
Chris