[vtkusers] Best 3D rendering technique for a point cloud?

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 12:24:29 EDT 2010

Hi Jason,

In order to render a point set as a solid object you need some way of
interpolating between the points.  Using Delaunay to create a mesh and
then vtkProbeFilter to interpolate is a straightforward way of doing
so, but is not very efficient as you have noted.  You can also look
into vtkGaussianSplatter and vtkShepardMethod as possible alternatives
(I'm not familiar with either of them, but I know that they are meant
for creating ImageData from unstructured data).

   David