[vtkusers] How to specify the path to VTK in CMake?

Michael Xanadu xanadu.michael at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 21 07:32:06 EDT 2010

Hi,
I built two different VTK binaries with the same source (using CMake) - one
32bit, the other one 64bit. For example:

C:\WORK\LIBS\VTK_SRC_5.6.0
C:\WORK\LIBS\VTK_BIN_5.6.0_x32
C:\WORK\LIBS\VTK_BIN_5.6.0_x64

Then I built my own application with linking 32bit-version of VTK
successfully. But now I want to build another application with linking
64bit-version. But that fails because CMake always links the 32bit-version?!
I messed around with the CMakeLists.txt, VTK_DIR environment variable,
FindVTK.cmake and so on - without success.
The question is: How can I specify the path to VTK binaries in CMake (for my
own)?
Here's the part of my CMakeLists.txt so far:

FIND_PACKAGE(VTK)
IF(NOT VTK_DIR)
  MESSAGE(FATAL_ERROR "Please set VTK_DIR.")
ENDIF(NOT VTK_DIR)
INCLUDE(${VTK_USE_FILE})
SET( VTK_LIBRARIES
  ${VTK_LIBRARIES}