[vtkusers] Create a plane with fixed bounding box

Luca Penasa luca.penasa at email.it
Wed Jul 21 07:16:17 EDT 2010

Hi everybody,
	I would like to create a plane (maybe in the form of a
vtkUnstructuredGrid with one cell and 4 -or more- points) using normal
and origin as paramters. For this I could use the vtkPlaneSource class
BUT
I would like that this plane could have a fixed bounding box: i mean
that the dimensions of the plane should be fixed using the bounding box
of another object (a vtkUnstrucuredGrid), so that when i render the
plane it cut my object without extend beyond the necessary...

I tryed with a vtkPlaneSource and a vtkClipPolyData filter BUT I have to
set an high resolution for the vtkPlaneSource() (wasting memory with not
really necessary points), couse the clip works on single cells (i
think)...

How can i achieve that? any idea?

Thanks!

--
Luca Penasa
luca.penasa at email.it

 Sponsor:
 Prova subito Emailpaghe, e' in prova gratuita sino al 31 dicembre 2010
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=10679&d=21-7