[vtkusers] best way to clip vtkImageData using vtkPloyData

Prathamesh Kulkarni prathameshmkulkarni at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 18:13:45 EDT 2010

Hello all,

I want to extract a sub-image from vtkImageData given a closed set of points
forming any arbitrary shape (may be a vtkPolyData).

I have been looking at vtk classes like vtkClipVolume, vtkExtractVOI,
vtkImageStencil. I am no able to understand which way should be preferred
over which to do my task. Also, I am not able to figure out the exact
pipeline structure for these clipping methods.

Could someone please throw some light on this?

Thanks,
Prathamesh