[vtkusers] Medical Imaging Software on Windows with VTK and ITK

Cemil Kirbas ckirbas at fastmail.fm
Wed Jul 14 17:33:49 EDT 2010

 Dear Users,

    I need  to create a medical image visualization (and some
    processing) with functionalities like image overlay, contrast
    adjustment, etc.,  on Windows platform with GUI. Any suggestions for
    development software and GUI tools to use wit VTK and ITK?  I am not
    too familiar with Microsoft Visual Studio but willing to learn. I
    did most of programming on UNIX environment. Which version of Visual
    Studio works fine with both VTK and ITK ( Visual Studio 2008, 2010,
    .NET, etc.)? For GUI development, which tool (Qt, MFC, etc.) is the
    most convenient?

  I noticed that some of the applications like 3DSlicer and volView were
  implemented using Tcl/Tk and VTK. Is this an easier route considering
  I don’t have any experience in both Tcl/Tk and Microsoft Visual
  Studio?

Thank you for your help.

Cemil