[vtkusers] visualization-problem after cropping

Yusuf OEZBEK nasil122002 at yahoo.de
Tue Jul 6 14:31:50 EDT 2010

Hello vtk users,

I have a problem with cropping and visualization a 3D image, which I produced by the itk-segmentation-methods “watershed and region growing”. In the beginning I read the DICOM images with itkImageSeriesReader, then I run watershed or region growing algorithm, in order to connect itk with vtk and a 3D image produce and for the displaying of segmentation I use vtkContourFilter. After segmentation for cropping of images I use vtkBoxClipDataSet and vtkDataSetSurfaceFilter, but the result is a black screen.  If I read the images with vtkDICOMImageReader or itkImageSeriesReader and then segment with volume rendering, marching cubes watershed and region growing, then it works completely well. The problem arises only when cropping for watershed and region growing algorithm. What am I doing wrong?

To understand my problem better, please see my screenshots on the following links.

http://www.wopsys.com/bilder/segmentation.html  and  http://www.wopsys.com/bilder/segmentation1.html

Thank you.