[vtkusers] Rendering Time Too High

Preeti Bindu preetibindu at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 14:27:20 EDT 2010

Hello,

I am rendering a volume on top of an isosurface and I am using
vtkVolumeRayCastMapper for that.
In order to form the iso-surface I am using the vtkMarchingCubes class.
However my rendering is taking a lot of time.

For the generation of an isosurface it takes around 1 min 45 sec.
For volume rendering on top of the isosurface it takes 1 min 47 sec.
I tried using vtkFixedPointRayCastMapper as well as tried to decrease the
opacity of the volume.
But since the time for generation of the isosurface is constant; I got no
luck.

I am using a series of DICOM images of resolution 512x512x512. Can anyone
please tell me how can I increase the speed if rendering?

--
Regards,
Preeti Bindu