[vtkusers] Calculating selection data using python wrappers

ross hennessy roscoh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 00:55:27 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm using vtk 5.6 with python, and I have a question about how I
should achieve something which I can't find examples for. I have a
vtkGraphLayoutView which I've registered a callback to for the
SelectionChangedEvent. This is working in the sense that I've checked
that it gets called when interacting with the window. However when I
go to provide an implementation for this function I would like to
calculate/retrieve the selected data (verticies or edges) which have
been selected. This is obviously being calculated in the pipeline as
the selected data is colored differently. However I can't seem to find
the correct method to achieve this. Can somebody please help me out
with the general method of doing this?

Thanks, Ross