[vtkusers] How to position vtkParametricFunctionSources

ambarc ambarc at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 19:56:21 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm currenlty working on a VTK project dealing with some elliptical shapes,
and I was having trouble finding out how I'd be able to move it's center by
accessing only the vtkParametricFunctionSource (which is fed with a
parametric ellipse as it's parametric ellipse). The ellipse has parameters
only for it's scaling (X,Y,Z) radii, and I was unable to find anything where
the center can be accessed. The vtkParametricFunctionSource itself can't be
remembered to remember any kind of positional information, since it caters
to many different parametric functions who could all have different
definitions for allocating their 3D placement.

I need to position my ellipses at different centers in my project, and I
need to output that overall structure to .stl format. This means I can't
depend upon my actors, which come in during the rendering process, for
remember this kind of position.

I'm sort of new to using VTK, so please feel free to point out any efficient
way you can think of.

Best.