[vtkusers] connecting points in from vtkPoints

Rakesh Patil rakeshthp at in.com
Sat Jan 30 12:25:40 EST 2010

I need to store the points in an array.. but vtkStripper is not returningthe points.. i tried implementing it as follows vtkStripper *sp = vtkStripper::New(); sp>SetInputConnection( contFilter>GetOutputPort()); vtkPoints *pt = sp>GetPoints(); Here pt is not showing any values.. It is all empty..  Original message From:Bill Lorensen< bill.lorensen at gmail.com >Date: 30 Jan 10 18:44:20Subject: Re: [vtkusers] connecting points in from vtkPointsTo: Rakesh Patil Use vtkStripper to order the line segments output from vtkContourFilter.On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 5:30 AM, Rakesh Patil wrote:> Hello,>> I have a scatter data, (xyz file), where x and y are long, and lat resp and> z is depth. I need to extract a zero contour from this xyz data. I use> vtkContourFilter to extract the points for zero contour.>> I get the points what i require correctly.. But if i connect them serially,> it shows that points are connected in a zigzag form. I get points directly> from contuorfilter. i.e.>> vtkPoin
 ts *pts = contFilter>GetOutput()>GetPoints();>> What and how do i do, so that when i connect the points, i get a decent> connected line, instead of zig zag ..?>> Thanks>> Regards>>> Dear vtkusers ! Get Yourself a cool, short @in.com Email ID now!> > Powered by www.kitware.com>> Visit other Kitware opensource projects at> http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html>> Please keep messages ontopic and check the VTK FAQ at:> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTKFAQ>> Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:> http://www.vtk.org/mailman/listinfo/vtkusers>>