[vtkusers] connecting points in from vtkPoints

siqi chen siqichensc at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 11:28:47 EST 2010

The reason is that the points from the vtkContourFilter are not ordered. You
need to reorder these points.  I can share with you one function I wrote
yesterday which solves exactly the same problem.
The input is the vtkpolydata you extract from contourfilter or
marchingsquares. The output is a vector which stores the ordered index of
the original points. For example, if the output vector is {1, 3, 5, 2, 4},
which means you can connect points 1 3 5 2 4 and they are in ordered. Of
course there are two ways of connection, clockwise or counter-, you can
change it in the function also. I have a comment there you can find.

http://www.rpi.edu/~chens/download/connectivityDetermine.cpp

I can't guarantee if will work on your data set, since it is still very
preliminary,  just give it a try.

Siqi