[vtkusers] Picking and Annotation

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 09:28:50 EST 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 9:01 AM, Rakesh Patil <rakeshthp at in.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to implement picking. With the help of an example, annotatePick.tcl,
> i'm able pick a cell, but annotation is not possible..
>
> I am displaying a triangular mesh. And when the user clicks on any of the
> cell of the mesh, i need that particular cell to be filled with black. Only
> that particular cell has to be annotated as a filled black color.
>
> Is it possible..?? After picking i'm getting cellid, of the cell which is
> selected. How can i do the annotation..??
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Regards

Here are a couple of things to get you started.

http://www.vtk.org/pipermail/vtkusers/2002-April/060566.html

Bill made this example - I'm not sure why you'd want to create a
lookup table and add it to the mapper instead of adding an array to
the CellData directly? Maybe someone can explain?
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/ColorCells

If you get it to work, an example of coloring the picked cell would be
a nice addition :)

Thanks,

David