[vtkusers] Produce an MPEG file from a stack of JPEG image

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Tue Jan 26 09:42:47 EST 2010

On 01/26/2010 08:19 AM, Fireman Fireman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thank you very much for your answer.
>
> I'm using XP as operating system and C++/Qt   for development.
>
> I want to produce an MPEG file that can be read by a video player like Windows Media Player.
>
> I want to use a stack of JPEG  images as input and having as output a MPEG file
>
> Stack of JPEG  images  --------------- >  X ---------------------> MPEG file as output.
>
> I want to avoid the use of an external program because I want to integrate the process of transformation in my project.
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> --

You may find the documentation for the vtkGenericMovieWriter class and
it's subclasses useful. They can be found here :

http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkGenericMovieWriter.html

Using the MPEG2 writer class requires extra work on your part when VTK
is compiled so you may find it easier to use the AVIWriter class which
is available on windows builds of VTK.

Since I always just write image files to disk with and encode them to a
movie file later, I can not help you with these classes.