[vtkusers] opengl precision problem

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Fri Jan 22 18:21:10 EST 2010

I have what appears to be a precision problem in opengl.
If I open Paraview and create a plane source, then apply a transform filter on
it and translate it by 1e6, I get these problems.
It jitters badly when I rotate it, and it has a dark coloring on it, and then
if I zoom in a bit then rotate, parts of the plane appear & disappear.

I have this same problem in my app when loading some data files that are far
from the origin.

Any suggestions on how to work around this?  Is it possible that a solution
can be done within VTK itself by considering the bounding box of the entire
model?

Thanks,
Clint