[vtkusers] Help on VTK's Performance: Volume Rendering + Polygonal Object Moving

Fauze Polpeta fauze.polpeta at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 16:32:56 EST 2010

Thanks for your support David and sorry for the cross-post...I was wondering
if one could image some core-based solution.

In our case a medical application is being prototyped and the ray-cast
volume was preferred for volumetric reconstruction. The point is that our
application is connected to a device that tracks surgical instruments that
are represented by polydata. So, theoretically, we can't abdicate of the
ray-casting while moving these tools during a given surgical procedure. This
is the reason I mentioned if it is possible to bypass the pipeline
processing in order to render this polydata using pure OpenGL commands.

Thanks again

Regards

Fauze