[vtkusers] Re versing Color

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 11:58:39 EST 2010

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 11:53 AM, KS Jothybasu <jothybasu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Have a look David, let me know if I need to change any style to comply with
> the wiki.
>
> Another thing you can add these points in how to contribute ,otherwise
> python users may struggle adding examples.
>
> 1) Create a login/user for the wiki (maybe you have already done this?)
> *you may insert "click Learning VTK then Examples"*
> 2) Click [edit] in the section you want to add something to
> 3) Create a new page and a link to the new page by adding:
> * [[VTK/Examples/NewPageName | What you want to display as the link]]
> 4) when you save these changes, there will now be a red link. When you
> click this link, it immediately brings you to the "edit" page of the new
> page
> 5) add the content and save it
> 6) the link automatically turns blue (so it now goes to the "page" page
> instead of the "edit" page)
>
> Thanks
>
> Jothy
>

> On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 4:43 PM, David Doria <daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com<daviddoria%2Bvtk at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 11:39 AM, KS Jothybasu <jothybasu at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Wierd problem with page editor!
>>>
>>> David, I have managed to add the content but the problem is, all '#' are
>>> converted to '1' and the formatting has also changed
>>> .
>>>
>>> See the screenshot
>>>
>>> I copied the code from python editor, I even tried from MSWord
>>>
>>> Jothy
>>>

>>> On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 4:00 PM, David Doria <daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com<daviddoria%2Bvtk at gmail.com>

>> You need to put code inside of these tags:
>>
>> <source lang="python">
>> // your code here
>> </source>
>>
>> Also, you can use this to make a title:
>> ==vtkCutter.py==
>>
>> Another thing - the "show preview" button at the bottom next to "save
>> page" is a good idea - it will let you play around with things and see what
>> they look like without actually uploading them to the wiki. When you are
>> satisfied, you can then click "save page".
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> David

Looks good to me. I don't know if there is a very strict VTK python coding
style to follow like there is c++. Maybe another python user can take a look
and let us know if anything sticks out as "wrong" or "weird":
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Python/vtkCompassWidget

Also, I added

* Contributed by Jothy

at the top of the page.