[vtkusers] Selecting multiple actors

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 09:29:25 EST 2010

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 8:56 AM, Anka Kochanowska <pluszcz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
> Please, send messages to vtkusers, this way, you might get better answers
> :-)
> Something like:
>
>        vtkAssembly *assembly;
>        vtkImagePlaneActor * plane = vtkImagePlaneActor::New();
>        plane->SetInput(...);
>        plane->SetUserTransform( ... );
>        assembly->AddPart( plane );
>
> Anka
>
> On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 8:36 AM, KS Jothybasu <jothybasu at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Do you mean that its possible to add actors to an assembly?
> >
> > I am new to vtk and in the learning phase. If thats's possible then I
> will
> > try that!
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jothy
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 12:59 PM, Anka Kochanowska <pluszcz at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi!
> >> It would need some work in UI. You might keep a list of selected
> >> actors and then apply the same transform to all the actors from the
> >> list.
> >> Would be easier to have actors in one assembly but, that probably is
> >> not your intention.
> >> Anka

> something

I made a demo of assembly's here:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Interaction/Assembly

However, I don't think this is exactly what you were asking. What I
understood is that you want to have the user select actors, and add them to
an assembly at runtime. I guess you could subclass the TrackballActor
interactor, check for which object was selected, and maintain the assembly
variable as an ivar.

Let us know if you get it working.

Thanks,

David