[vtkusers] vtkPoints2D -> vtkPolyData?

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Wed Jan 13 10:55:55 EST 2010

On Saturday 09 January 2010 11:10:07 David Doria wrote:
> I tried to do this:
>
> vtkPoints2D* points = vtkPoints2D::New();
> vtkPolyData* polydata = vtkPolyData::New();
> polydata->SetPoints(points);
>
> But it says vtkPolyData::SetPoints only takes a vtkPoints*
>
> There is no vtkPolyData2D, so I was just wondering why that is and
> what you are supposed to do with vtkPoints2D?
>
> In particular, this was for this example:
> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/vtkGlyph2D

This is new API I added to support the work I have been doing in VTK's 2D API.
There is no reason that further overloads could not be added to vtkPolyData to
handle this type, but I have not had time to do that yet.

Currently vtkPoints2D is used within the 2D API I have been working on. I can
update the API docs to reflect this, but in the future it could certainly be
more widely used (and probably should be).

Marcus
--
Marcus D. Hanwell, Ph.D.
R&D Engineer, Kitware Inc.