[vtkusers] Switching interaction input source from mouse to reading from a TCP port?

bkchng bkchng at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 12:05:02 EST 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to get starting in setting up a multi-touch interface in VTK.

Currently, the left mouse buttom (LMB) rotates the camera. If I would like
to modify it such that a message from TCP port 3333 does the same thing
(i.e. replaces the job of the LMB), what should I do? More specifically,
which files should I modify/subclass? I'm kind of confused after looking
through all the vtk files for the day.

The reason I'm asking this is because the multi-touch software that
interfaces with my multi-touch screen sends a series of messages to TCP port
3333 (using TUIO protocol) whenever the user interacts with the screen.
Thus, I'm trying to get VTK to obtain the interaction information from that
TCP port, rather than from the mouse, but I'm not quite sure how to get
started (which files to modify etc).

Thanks so much for reading.