[vtkusers] User freehand drawing of a RIO on multiple CT slices

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 12:00:17 EST 2010

I have to allow the user to freehand draw, save and restore RIOs on my
lung ct data. I have looked into vtkImageTracerWidget and
vtkContourWidget. Neither of these seem to be what I want.

The two examples I have used to look at each of these are the following:

vtkImageTracerWidget
http://devsample.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=50&Itemid=27

vtkContourWidget
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Widgets/Cxx/ContourWidget

If you have done this in the past what have you used? Or do you have a
suggestion. I am leaning towards writing my own tracer that is based
on the code in  vtkImageTracerWidget but only uses the left mouse
button and takes a path as an input instead of handles.

--
John M. Drescher