[vtkusers] [Gdcm2] distinguish between real CT scans(beam ON)and non-realCT scans(beam OFF)

Scott Johnson Scott.Johnson at neuwave.com
Wed Feb 24 10:52:51 EST 2010

Hello Ashish,

I don't know of any other way to tell if the image has been processed
other than the looking for DERIVED\SECONDARY in the Image Type
attribute.  You may be able to dig through some of the IHE profiles
(http://ihe.net) to see if they address that issue.  I'd be surprised if
they did.

My general philosophy is that eventually you have to fall back to what
the standard says.  If a workstation implements it correctly that's what
you'll see.  If they didn't implement it correctly they need to fix it.
These attributes are not edited by a tech.

                                -- Scott