[vtkusers] vtkDICOMImageReader vs vtkGDCMImageReader

Ashish Singh asinghmlists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 11:18:33 EST 2010

Hi,

I tried to load a set of dicom images belonging to the same CT study &
series via vtkDICOMImageReader(using setDirectoryname) and via
vtkGDCMImageReader(using setfilenames, ippsorter and vtkChangeInformation)
to vtkImageViewer2 to display the generated volume in XZ Orientation. This
worked fine with both readers.

But when I try to add vtkImagePlaneWidget with plane orientation in z
axis(using setPlaneOrientationToZAxes())to each case and set the slice
index(using setsliceindex(2)), the imageplanewidgets appear at opposite
ends. Why is this so? How does vtkDICOMImageReader order the files it finds
in the directory? Can anyone please help me understand this?

Thanks,
Ashish