[vtkusers] updating an actor

Giancarlo Amati ilferraresebono at hotmail.it
Fri Feb 12 09:08:17 EST 2010

Hello VTkers,

let's say that I have this function

vtkRenderer *renderer = vtkRenderer::New();

void createScene(...) {

vtkActor *act = vtkActor::New();

renderer->AddActor();

}

I have the need of update an actor associated to a particular element of the scene.
The AddRenderer() adds the actor in the pipeline which I believe is an overall innner VTK datastructure.

So, I know that the GetActors() in the renderer returns the vtkActorsCollection.
If I want to change/update something in a pre-allocated actor shall I save the variable act and the nperform a research in that collection returned by GetActors()?

But saving the variable *act in a global data structure wouldn't it mean duplicating information (and so more memory usage) about that actor? and If I modify *act, am I actually modifing the same in the pipeline?

Thanks  a lot for  any advice you can give me!.

Giancarlo