[vtkusers] vtk to matlab

Angélica angelicalodovico at yahoo.com.br
Fri Feb 12 07:56:05 EST 2010

Hello,

I developed a code for surface reconstruction and volume calculation. The
code creates a surface from a unorganized cloud of 3d points using Power
crust and calculate the enclose volume.

At this moment, I intent to develop MATLAB routines for the analysis of the
reconstructed surface. My difficulty now is to recognize the data structure
that the vtk returns for each reconstructed surface. My idea is to recognize
this data structure within the Vtk, make the program to save the structure
and recognize this in MatLab for applying the surface analysis routines.

Does anybody know how to help me?

Thanks

Ms.Angélica Lodovico Pachêco

Laboratório de Instrumentação para Biomecânica

Faculdade de Educação Física - UNICAMP