[vtkusers] set image as background

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 11:24:39 EST 2010

I don't think that it is enough to just set up the layers, because by
default the Renderer will always erase everything and set the
background color.

Try renderer->EraseOff() on all but the rear-most renderer.

Note that EraseOff will also keep the depth buffer from being cleared
between renders, so you will have to manually set the camera position
and camera clipping planes in your background renderer so that the
image is just barely in front of the rear clipping plane.

  David