[vtkusers] set image as background

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 11:08:50 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 10:54 AM, Giancarlo Amati <
ilferraresebono at hotmail.it> wrote:

>  mmm now it get confusing because that's the style of my code:
>

> this is the declaration:
>     vtkSmartPointer<vtkRenderer> L0= vtkSmartPointer<vtkRenderer>::New();
>     vtkSmartPointer<vtkCamera> camL0 = vtkCamera::New();
>

>     vtkSmartPointer<vtkRenderer> L1 = vtkSmartPointer<vtkRenderer>::New();
>     vtkSmartPointer<vtkCamera> camL1 = vtkCamera::New();
>

>     vtkSmartPointer<vtkRenderWindow> renderWindow =
> vtkSmartPointer<vtkRenderWindow>::New();
>     renderWindow->SetSize(720,576);
>

> Than I create a plane with texture the image I load up and then... I add
> the plane to L1;
> L0->AddActor(Scene);
> L1->AddActor(texturedPlane);
>
> renderWindow->AddRenderer(L0);
> renderWindow->AddRenderer(L1);
>
> and I call start() of the interactor.
>
> but I just got my Texture rendered..but not the 3D Model. so what u mean
> with Layers?
>
> Regards.
> Giancarlo

I tried to make a demo of this:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/BackgroundImage

However, it seems like one renderer covers up the other. For now it is just
trying to display an ImageActor in backgroundRenderer and then a sphere in
sceneRenderer.

Thanks,

David