[vtkusers] python vtkSelection problem

Olivier Feys pytkvtk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 04:09:39 EST 2010

I want to handle selection through multiple vtkUnstructuredGrids by picking
a particular cell or by making a selection with a rubberband interactor.
I can easily create a vtkSelectionNode from a picked cell and add a
vtkSelectionNode to a vtkSelection.

The problem is when I get a vtkSelection made on several actors.props. I
can't find any example where the prop/actor is got from the vtkSelectionNode
object.
How can I, from a selection returned by the vtkHardwareSelector, get, for
each vtkSelectionNode, the actor that it belongs to ?
When I print the vtkSelectionNode, I can see the property PROP_ID but I
can't use it.
By the way, if I have only one actor, the returned vtkSelection contains
always more than one vtkSelectionNode. Why is that ?