[vtkusers] vtkUnsignedCharArray from python

Kyle Cronan kyle at cronangraf.com
Thu Dec 30 16:34:40 EST 2010

Hi all,

The python wrapper doesn't seem to give any way to convert a
vtkUnsignedCharArray (such as returned by an image output object that
is set to output into memory) into a python string.  Am I right about
that?

It would maybe work if there was something like ExportToVoidPointer
that did the memory allocation for you.  I took a look at the python
wrapper generator but it was beyond me how that all works.  Is there
an easy fix?  In the mean time I will write to a temp file and just
read that back in.

Thanks,
Kyle
--