[vtkusers] EXC_BAD_ACCESS While Running Application Compiled with VTK 5.6.0 on MacOS 10.6.3

Ramon J. Moral ramon.j.moral at usace.army.mil
Thu Dec 30 13:13:08 EST 2010

Hello,

I am very new to this group.  I read a message in the archives with the same
subject as this message.
I am having the same problem.  I am trying to run the VTK the animoltion
example from macresearch.org.
My trace back goes to the iostream header at line 77:

  static ios_base::Init __ioinit;

I have tried everything.  I even rebuilt vtk using the 10.5 SDK.  Ever since
I have loaded the latest Xcode all my VTK installation have broke.
At home I had vtk setup to where I was using it with PyDev...now it does not
work.  I hope as more people run into this problem, some clever person will
find the solution.

Cheers,

Ramon J. Moral, Ph.D.
mailto:ramon.j.moral at usace.army.mil
CEERD-GM-I
SIPRNet:ramon.j.moral at army.smil.mil
USACE ERDC
PH:601-634-3295
3909 Halls Ferry Road, Vicksburg, MS 39180 USA       MOBILE:601-415-4318

*THE CONTENTS OF THIS MESSAGE ARE UNCLASSIFIED