[vtkusers] vtkTableBasedClipDataSet and complex clipping

Gary Holton thereinliestherub at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 21 19:10:50 EST 2010

A) I want to carve out an "undulating half-circle" in an unstructured grid, my idea was to use clipping, especially the new clipper = vtkTableBasedClipDataSet. Cannot get this working properly after several different attempts.

B) The grid to be cut is the result of an original grid clipped vertically using vtkTableBasedClipDateSet with an implicit function defined by vtkImplicitSelectionLoop. This clipping has been successful!!  FYI: The implicit function defined by vtkImplicitSelectionLoop is following the same undulating path to be used in A) above.

A) continued: My ideas now are:
   I) continue test and explore with many different ways to formulate the ImplicitFunctions
   II) explore if a particular Actor can configured to always take precedence, even if

I hope there is something essential I am missing here so that someone quickly can guide me onto the right track!

GH