[vtkusers] Filling in blood vessels

Gib Bogle g.bogle at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Dec 20 15:15:54 EST 2010

Hi Mauro,

I've installed ITK and ITK-snap, and I can see that the tools I'm going to need
are in these packages.  I've immediately encountered an issue I've never had to
deal with - medical image formats.  Our images come from a multi-photon
microscope, and are simply TIFFs.  ITK-snap requires the data to be in a DICOM
volume (or some other special format like MetaImage).  I would have thought that
it would be a simple matter to convert a stack of TIFF files into a DICOM
volume, for example, but this doesn't seem to be the case.  Are you aware of a
simple way to take a stack of TIFF files and convert it into a form readable by
ITK-snap?

(I know that the ITK forum would be a better place to ask this, but I don't want
to subscribe unless I need to.)

Thanks
Gib