[vtkusers] moving selected actor

Jeff Baumes jeff.baumes at kitware.com
Tue Dec 14 09:26:03 EST 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 3:33 AM, Jazz Kartell <jazzkartell at gmx.de> wrote:

> I am new to the mailing list, so first of all, "hello" to everybody...
>
> My goal is to visualize 3D Graph Mining algorithms.
> At the moment my little program can display nodes (vtkSphereSource), edges
> (vtkLineSource) and axis.
> But I want to select a node (pressing 'P' for selection works) and move it
> around to change the coordinates of a node.
> Can someone give me a hint how selected actors can be moved around?
> And is it possible to display some kind of labeling for actors? The only
> idea i have is to place separate 'textfields' near the actors.
> Perhaps a better solution is out there?
> The program is written in Java, don't know if there is a difference in the
> amount of available functionality.
>
> Thank you very much in advance

You might also be interested in the vtkGraphLayoutView and
vtkRenderedGraphRepresentation for some ideas on how to render a graph. It
does not have support for moving nodes, but it could give you some pipeline
ideas for how to render a graph with colors, labels, etc. If you call
SetInteractionModeTo3D you are able to have 3D interactions in that view.

Jeff