[vtkusers] moving selected actor

Jim Peterson jimcp at cox.net
Tue Dec 14 07:13:15 EST 2010

Jazz,
I have noticed that the default interactor appears to honor the A and C
keyboard interactions to switch between Actor interaction and Camera
interaction, There also appears to be support for T and J to switch
Trackball and Joystick style interaction as well. This is all documented
in the vtkInteractionStyleSwitch class. So you may be able to move an
actor by pressing A then double click within the image of the objects
represented by the actor. You should always be able to set the
interaction style to vtkInteractionStyleSwitch to get this behavior.

This example
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Java/Interaction/ExtrudeTest may help.

Hope that helps,
Jim