[vtkusers] combine vtkjava bindings with swig wrapper

Steffen Brinkmann steffenbrinkmann at ymail.com
Fri Dec 3 09:52:35 EST 2010

Hi again,
in case I didn't describe my problem clear enough, here is a very clear post
from 2000 about the same problem related to python instead of java:
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2000-October/004660.html

There a solution was announced that would allow to generate vtk-wrapped classed
from swig-mangled vtk pointers like:

  newObject = vtkObject(<SWIG-mangled-ptr>)

I looked around in the vtkjava wrapper to find such typecast, but couldn't find
any.
Is it available for java? If yes, where can I find it? If no, does a work-around
exist?

Thanks
Steffen