[vtkusers] combine vtkjava bindings with swig wrapper

Steffen Brinkmann steffenbrinkmann at ymail.com
Thu Dec 2 16:51:20 EST 2010

Hi everybody!
Studying the wrapping technique of the java bindings to vtk showed that the
wrapper code is generated by several C programs that have been written only for
this purpose.
Now I have a C++ software package that outputs a number of vtk objects
(vtkPolyDataSet, vtkStructuredGrid, ...). I would need a java wrapper of this
package, which I'd like to generate using SWIG, and I would like to display the
vtk objects that are produced by the package directly with the help of the
default vtk java bindings.

How can I write the SWIG interface definition so that the produced vtk java
objects are compatible with the default vtk java bindings?

Thanks
Steffen